Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Random Updates

I changed my blog template to a more exciting one. I wish I had more time to do more edits but for now this theme will do. I like this better than the previous theme taken from blogger's default theme. Thanks to the developers.

It has been raining intermittently again. As the northern part of the Philippines suffer El Nino, I praise the Lord that rain continues to fall here. It has its own drawback like flu mostly brought about by the unpredictable climate. Nevertheless, there is rain and it matters a lot to the farmers here whose main livelihood are their rice crops. About three weeks ago, we had too much rain causing flooding in the fields. Alas, farmers had to replant, be more in debt for the rice seedlings and fertilizers. It's quite extreme here in the Philippines. It's not a big country but climate differs from the northern tip to the mid-islands of Visayas down to the huge Mindanao. I am bound to believe this is due to global warming.

No comments: