Thursday, February 12, 2015

I Am Because He Is

I am a Christian. I should be like Christ. I have the Bible and some other biographies of Christ which are powerfully written. But the best that the world can read about him is through me – in my words and in my actions. I profess to be a Christian then the world should have no doubt, even just for a second, that indeed I am like Jesus Christ as I claim to be. 

Jesus was bold. He was not a compromiser. He defended what was right and never budges a nerve for it. I should be like Him. I should not be ashamed that I am like Him because I know it will not disgrace me. 

Jesus was willing to die for His Father’s glory. He was holy. He was loving. He spoke kindly and do kindly. I should be like Him. When people see me they will exclaim that “This lady has been with Jesus.” 

Jesus was fearless for His Father. I should, too. Much of my time is wasted on petty and carnal stuff while Jesus went about doing good. There are lots of good things I wish to do but they only stay in my mind. Days end without anything tangible with eternal significance being done. 

Jesus was devout in His prayers? How is my prayer life? Do I pray in and out of season? Do I pray unceasingly? Do I submit myself to His will? Do I even hear His voice? 

Jesus prayed to the Father for those who crucified Him, “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” Am I able to do this? Most of the times, people condemn and label me and I retort in bitterness. I should really learn how to heap coals of fire on the head of my enemies by doing kindness to them. Can I do that? Yes, by God’s grace that is every sufficient for me. 

I am a Christian. I should be like Jesus Christ. I am getting there. And what a glorious day it would be when the world would see me and say “She is with Jesus.”

No comments: