Thursday, December 4, 2008

Burkhara Jews in Israel


One day in the spring of 1944, Rose Warmer walked into the street and allowed the police to arrest her. She joined fellow Jews as they were herded into a boxcar and shipped to Auschwitz.

For Rose there was an additional suffering. As she sought to tell fellow prisoners of Christ, most of them rejected her message, and rejected her as well. They deemed her, a Christian convert, no better than a Nazi. The other prisoners suffered together, but Rose often suffered alone. "The January cold in our cellar became intense. I began to wonder if I would freeze to death. The others kept alive at night by huddling together, but no one would let me come near them. Sometimes I shook so badly from the cold I would rattle against the side of my box, and the others would scream and curse me for making a disturbance. I prayed constantly that the Lord would help me endure."

After the war's end brought her freedom, Rose set her heart upon immigrating to Israel to continue sharing Christ with her people. She arrived there in August, 1950, two years after the nation's founding, and immediately began witnessing to the Jews who had come from many nations back to their homeland. At first Rose was supported only by occasional gifts of money or food from individual Christians in various countries, but later became affiliated with the Hebrew Christian Fellowship.-AL (Continued tomorrow)

Pray for the Lord to give His workers the same tenacity as that of Rose Warmer.

Matt 1:23

"The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call Him Immanuel, which means, 'God with us.'"

No comments: