Saturday, January 3, 2009

How Dental Check can be Stressful



We brought our four kids to the dentist yesterday for their dental check-up. Considering my budget, I was planning to just have them undergo prophylaxis. However, it turned out to be a stressful afternoon haha. Nikka needed 10 fillings, one extraction. JJ has 5 fillings, Keanny had 4. Kim had 1 tooth extraction of 2 milk-teeth residue which rested just beside his first molar. He was also diagnosed with TMJ (does this run in the family). Actually, he seemed to have been with it. His very first cry upon coming out of me was kinda cute with his lips twisted to the lips. His pediatrecian gave him B Complex vitamins. All through his 20 years, he has been used to the small opening of his mouth (he really didn't have to have a wide opening), his twisted lips and just yesterday he disclosed about experiencing three bouts of locked jaw. Talk about surpirses. We asked what he would do when his jaw would lock up. He just answered "I'd wait for it to unlock".
So, this would mean we have two urgent TMJ cases in the family.

The kids were also taught the proper way of brushing. And I mean the proper way! The way which even I don't know LOL. I thought it's sufficient to just brush longer. This video also gives great instructions.

Anyway, why did I say it was stressful? Because we almost paid 5 figures for these services done to our four kids. And to think that what we paid was already 50% off charged to friendship (the dentist was a personal friend and a volunteer dentist at church).

Now I have to work more hours at oDesk to pay for our other bills which has been sacrificed for this check up. LOL. Just kidding! The Lord takes care of our needs. Hallelujah!

No comments: