Monday, April 19, 2010

Not a Manic Monday

Hello world,

Today is just another Monday. Not like those of people who get to their 8-5 jobs where a typical day starts as early as 5am to get dressed and beat the traffic on the way to work. No. My mondays are just like any other days. Although I still get up as early as 6am as my body clock has been set to it already. No matter how late I go to bed, I always wake up at 6am.

Well, actually, today is not the same as the other Mondays lol. I think I am still sleepy. Today my hubby, Raul, and son Kim are at the Annual Session of the Southern-Western Leyte Conference in Maasin City. They will stay there until Wednesday.

Nikka, my newly graduated nursing, took the 8:30 bus to Tacloban to catch her afternoon flight to Manila. Her nursing board review has started last wednesday but I got her today flight so she can spend a couple more days with us.

Jae-jae, the third child is scheduled to teach week two of our Church's Vacation Church School. Last week they were at the Sto. Nino 2 outreach. This week will be at the church in Pondol UCCP. As of this writing she is still folding clothes. I am not sure what time she will go to church for the VCS. Does not seem very eager here.

Keanny, our youngest is at his summer bakeshop job. He started last week at a local bakery where he helps to mash the dough for breads. He tells us new learnings everyday he comes home. He learned about the different kinds of flour. He learned that there is onion in hopia, he learned how to slice the top of "putok" bread. I am excited for him. When at home he likes to watch the food network. Two nights ago he said he is considering of being a main-dish chef instead of pastry chef. Whatever he wants to specialize in, I will support him. This is the reason why we requested the local bakeshop here in Canipaan, Hinunangan, So. Leyte, to let him work for free. We are the ones giving him P100/week but he does not know it. What he knows is he is being paid. Well, technical speaking, he is. But not by the bakery. We are just interested that he learn something and his passion for being a chef will be sustained.

So, there is my Monday. Everybody gets to do what he/she needs to do. I on the other hand has to sit in front of my laptop to work and earn something today so we will have food to eat lol.

So much for this blog. Just another ordinary post. Just to document things on my mind and heart.

Happy Monday all.

No comments: