Sunday, July 12, 2020

What comforts me in this pandemic?



In this pandemic, I am comforted by the fact that God is in control and He hears the cries of His people. I know that I am not immune from the virus. That is why I need to be on guard, follow health and hygiene protocols. But when and if I do get infected, I know God will get me through. And even if the virus defeats me, I know my destination is glorious.

Is this a defeatist mindset? I don't know. God did not promise His children to be spared from suffering. In fact, He told us to rejoice even in suffering. To take heart and have peace because He has overcome the world.

I do not even want to pray for God to end this virus because I believe we are in the ends times and we need to go through these tribulations.  I believe what we need to focus on is the preparation of our spirits for the worst to come. That even if we experience various trials and tribulations and pandemic, we will have peace and comfort that we are safe in God's arms. Safety does not always mean free from harm or illness. Safety goes above and beyond the physical realm. Being safe in God means we can rejoice and be glad even in suffering for these things cannot compare to the glory that awaits those who remain faithful and steadfast in their faith.

So I believe we need to prepare our hearts and minds and spirits more to be victorious in every situation and to see the light at the end of the tunnel and the hand that guides us.

No comments: